Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas Catch-Up 2011 {Part 2}

 

IMG_2160

Christmas Eve

Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house
Not a present was wrapped, not even a blouse.


Cookies were baking in the oven with care.
In hopes that once I took them out, I would forget they were there.

Our child was fast asleep in his bed,
With visions of toy cars racing through his head. 

While I was dreaming of hiring someone to wrap all of our gifts.

Exhausted, so ready to nap,

Thinking to myself, Santa really doesn’t do crap.

 

When all of a sudden I smelled a slight burning,

“Our cookies are still baking!”

The timer must be broken, only now I’m learning.

 

I leaped from the couch, as fast as I could.

They were pretty brown, but still really good.

 

With a glass of red wine, wrapping paper and tape.

I got it all done, with no time to waste.

I gave myself a high five, and called out to exclaim,

“Now, that’s how you do it, exhausted and all. I can’t wait to see the look on their faces, tomorrow morning when they’re having a ball.”

IMG_2345

IMG_2377

IMG_2354

IMG_2347

IMG_2356

IMG_2364

IMG_2366

Picnik collage1

IMG_2396

IMG_2387

IMG_2381

IMG_2348

*************

 

Christmas Morning

 

Confession #1 – This picture is not from Christmas morning.

….But I felt the need to show it to you, so you would understand what a cute sleeper he is.

I swear to Santa, I didn’t move his hands.

IMG_2103

From now on, it’s the real deal. Christmas morning and all it’s glory. Promise.

IMG_2403

Our Christmas morning tradition is as follows:

- Make sure everyone is awake.

- Everyone goes into the living room.

IMG_2400

Check out what Santa brought:

This year it was a work bench, full of tools.

IMG_2408

IMG_2407

And his very own gas station!

IMG_2406

That even came with his own debit/credit card. So he can pay for his gas. 

(Which is obviously a must these days.)

IMG_2412

- Another big part is checking for evidence.

IMG_2413

Examining how much milk is left, and exactly how many bites of the cookies have been eaten.

IMG_2416

- We all see what’s in his stocking.

IMG_2421

- Then adults make breakfast, while our little man plays with his new toys.

IMG_2424

Picnik collage2

With the hope that each gift will be noticed, at least for a good long second.

IMG_2438

We feel like opening everything at once, doesn’t give you a chance to appreciate each gift.

IMG_2441

IMG_2442

IMG_2450

IMG_2452

IMG_2453

IMG_2455 

It also gives us Ryan a chance to put together any big gifts that say: ‘some’ assembly required.

IMG_2479

IMG_2477

IMG_2482

IMG_2491

Breakfast Is Served

IMG_2474

We ate. Then we ate some more.

Then it was time to open the rest of our gifts.

--------------

Last night during my wrapping session, I was reorganizing the gifts under the tree – trying to make room for more, when I noticed one of the wrapped presents was leaking a blue liquid.

The tag on it said:

To Shane – Love, Dad & Mom

I immediately thought of the movie, Christmas Vacation.

You know, the part where they notice one of the gifts meowing, and one is leaking. Their poor old aunt Bethany had wrapped up her cat in one box, and a Jell-O mold in the other -  (that you find out later in the movie, has cat food in it).  Classic.

Knowing that probably wasn’t the case, my next guess was maybe blue printer ink.

I was wrong.

IMG_2500Turns out that it was an Axe shower gel bottle that had some how came open and leaked all over.

IMG_2499

Either way, even with the leakage,  I think he liked it better than a Jell-O mold or some printer ink.

IMG_2501

Confession #2- Our dog, Aza (short for Arizona faith), LOVES to open presents by herself.

So much so, that she will steal other peoples gifts and open them.

Picnik collage4

We all went in a circle opening our gifts.

Sometimes our little man did two at a time because he was just so excited.

IMG_2510

  Basically, we took our time.

IMG_2512

Savoring each part.

IMG_2514

No quick Christmas in our house. It’s an all day event.

Picnik collage5

The rest of he day consisted of enjoying our family, our blessings, and just being thankful for everything we have.

Confession #3 - (last one)  Although we missed seeing our family and friends back in Arizona. We’ve were really lucky to have [my side of] the family all together this Christmas. Being so far away during the holidays was definitely not easy for me the past couple years. This year was hard, but this Christmas was so good.

Picnik collage6

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night.

Fa la la la laaaaa…

KareyEllen

No comments:

Swidget 1.0