Monday, October 4, 2010

Happy Monday! - Pumpkin Wreath


Here's How:
Find a wire hanger- bend it into a circle, as much as you can.
(I mean who uses wire hangers anymore anyway- unless they are making smores?)
And some large paper clips.
Use a hot glue gun to glue the paper clips all around the circle.
My circle was a bit lazy,
but it won't matter in the end.
And, obviously there are easier ways to do this.
They probably have a whole isle at Michael's dedicated to wreath making...
BUT, I'm not at Michael's and this is a low budget project...So on we go...
You will need some type of twig like material.
I had this leftover from Christmas.
(You could even go outside, collect branches and use those...)
Whatever you decide to use - the more bendable it is, the better.
(Do you see the pumpkin stem? Cute right?)
Using the paper clips as gluing points, start gluing the twigs around the circle.
Work like a clock, and just keep going around and around,
adding more twigs wherever it looks empty.
It's okay if some stick out. It will give it character.
Just make sure it looks even and circle- like.
Once you are satisfied with the fullness of the wreath,
You can paint it orange. I used acrylic.
(I'll talk about the beads soon.)
Next, you'll take a paper bag.
I used a Whole Foods "Keep It Cool" bag.
It was nice because it already had stripes on it.
You can use a plain brown bag or paint that too, it's really up to you.
Cut the bag in half  (shown above) so it's flat.
Turn your wreath over,
placing the paper bag on the backside of the wreath,
trace out the circle you need for your backdrop.
Make sure it's a bit larger than what you really need.
You can always trim it later.
Once you cut out your circle
Use your hot glue gun to secure it to the backside of your wreath.
Next, I used a beaded necklace to make the pumpkin's face.
Again, using the hot glue gun to secure it.
Then, I glued all the leftover orange beads to the wreath part.
I used these spooky letter beads from an old bracelet I had to write Halloween.
And because it's already a hanger, you don't need to use anything to hang it!
Have A Great Week!!


Photobucket

2 comments:

The Favour Shoppe said...

such a great idea!

Kandi said...

Great project Karey. It turned out really good! I absolutely love your little helper showing some of the steps:)

Swidget 1.0