Tuesday, June 1, 2010

How To (Cooking Vegetarian 'Hamburger')


How To:
'How To' cook using a vegetarian hamburger.


Heat oil (EVOO or Vegetable is what I use) in pan over medium heat.

The best brand of "crumbles" I have found is Morningstar Farms.
They are best price also- normally around $3.32(ish) at Walmart.

1 bag usually works for my family of three.
If you like big portions or have more people, I would suggest 2 bags just in case.

It is much healthier than the real thing.

You know you want to see inside...

A closer look.

When you put it in the skillet it will look a lot like this.

Hold on little Man, Mamma's makin "ninner".

Keep stirring it around until it gets brown.

The package says to cook it for around 5 minutes.
I ALWAYS cook it longer. - Until it's good and brown.

At this point it's ready!

Take it out and use it for whatever recipe calls for Hamburger!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Tonight is Taco Night at our house.

Add your taco seasoning.

Now add your water.

Hey... I never said this was gonna be pretty.
But oh will it taste pretty!

This is what I call beautiful.

Alright, you're ready to dress it up.

I like to use Whole Wheat Tortillas.

My favorite brand is La banderita

(because they don't taste healthy! haha)
I like cheese, lettuce and tomatoes.
Pretty simple.
Don't they look fantastic?!
They also heat up really good.
So throw some of them in the fridge for later!

Now...Enjoy! :)




Photobucket

6 comments:

Mommy Vandy said...

Thanks or the vegetarian recipe! I'm your newest follower and am enjoying reading your blog. Your little man is so precious! Hope to see you around my blog sometime!
Chelsea
http://vandylandmommy.blogspot.com

Hil'Lesha said...

Well, I now know what I'm fixing tonight! Thanks for the recipe.

Following from http://www.tothemotherhood.com/

Deana said...

This looks so dang yummy!

MessyMissy said...

Oh, yum!! Haven't tried that before!! Now following from MBC. You can find me at www.marvelouslymessy.blogspot.com

Pammy pam said...

oooh i cant wait to try it! i've only been vegetarian trying to turn vegan hoping to turn raw food for about a month. i'm STILL trying to get the hang of vegetarian foods. this is something everyone will eat!

thanks!!

Sofia said...

I've never been a fan of these mock meats, but you certainly make it look delicious. Maybe its time to give it a second chance! :)

Now following you from MBC "Green Moms".

http://sofiasideas.com/

Swidget 1.0