Tuesday, June 22, 2010

BAKERY REVIEW (Mesa, Arizona)


Cakery Review

I've said it before and I'll say it again....
I love everything about cupcakes.
Baking them,
Eating them,
Looking at them...

I just love them.

Here is my review for:

 The Sugarlips Cakery

in Mesa, Arizona.

First of all, it's in a really funny location...
Right next door to a gun store.
(I'm really wishing I had taken a picture)

Can you imagine?
"Hey Honey, wanna go grab a cupcake-
oh and awesome, we can go next door
 and get that rifle you've been wanting..."

I'm sure they have laughed about this themselves. 

The name and logo is adorable!
And so was the inside of the store!
Pink, Pink and more Pink.
For this review-
My husband and son decided to come along.
This was kind of a bad idea...
Of course they had tons of cute things
 for my 2 year old to look at and touch break.

So, unfortunately because I was more worried
 about the destruction of their cute little shop
 I didn't get all of the information I wanted to. 

I did speak with Melody (what a cute name!)
who said they have Buy 1 Get 1 FREE cupcakes on Friday's!
That is a great deal!

[Normally they are $2.00 Each.]
We decided to get 3 cupcakes.
 1 for each of us.
(that we would share)
I love the pink boxes.
*Saving it for something in the future*
All the flavors they had out, (I thought) were very common.
I wish that I had thought to ask
 if they change their flavors often.
First was mine,
Chocolate Chip
Then my son's,
Sprinkles?

And my husband's,
Red Velvet with Cream Cheese Frosting.

I must say mine was the best.
But Ryan's red velvet was a very close second place.

They were moist and fluffy!
And the frosting was smooth.
I normally don't even enjoy cream cheese frosting
and even that was yummy!

The chocolate chip was my favorite
 because the chocolate chips gave it
 just the right consistency when biting.

The only criticism I have might be that they are
 a little too moist.
(-which is better than too dry, in my opinion)
So, the chocolate chips really help with that.


They also gave my son a balloon
 which he really liked :)

Overall, I'd have to give Sugarlips Cakery
A Thumbs Up!

We can't wait to go back on a Friday!

____________________________________________________
For More Information on The Sugarlips Cakery

You can also check out their blog

Photobucket

8 comments:

Veronica Lee said...

I love cupcakes and these are to die for!!

That was an awesome review!

~Shelley~ said...

Those look SO GOOD! Great review! Love your blog!!

Visiting from Simply Follow on MBC! Love for you to come visit and follow me!

Have a great night :)
~Shelley @ Shelley's Swag

www.shelleysswag.blogspot.com

Lillian-Juda Leonard-Beach said...

Cute blog! Now following!

Lillian-Juda
http://judaleonard.blogspot.com/

Deana said...

Yummy! Those look so good and that shop is adorable!

I am following you from MBC:)
www.momstheglue.blogspot.com

Life with the Lebedas said...

Wow! Those look great!!

Farmgirl Paints said...

This post made me teary. There are few things I love more in life than cupcakes. They are just the best. Now I have a craving for the RED VELVET. That's my favorite:)

wacki04 said...

Looks delicious! I'm a new follower from Simply Follow/MBC! Hope you'll return the follow :)

http://thekingscourt4.blogspot.com/

mangiabella said...

your blog is precious! i am a cupcake lover, and so is my 2 yr old daughter - she calls them cuppi-cakes haha - found u via MBC, just became your newest follower! would love to have you follow me at mangia-bella.blogspot.com

Swidget 1.0