Friday, April 23, 2010

Miami, Florida (Honeymoon)

Welcome to Miami!
(*starts singing the Will Smith song in my head.......*)

Our "snazzy" hotel room.
They gave us an upgrade when we said it was our honeymoon!
(& I just have to mention we saved a lot of money
by booking with http://www.hotwire.com./ I just love that website!)
Now time to explore!

We ended up using the Transit Train and buses quite a bit.
They have taxi's all over, but that gets expensive.
His name is Ryan, not Brym(?)
That's okay Starbucks we still love you.
We did A LOT of walking, mostly trying to find the Holocaust Museum.

We always end up doing something educational on our trips.
 I guess we're just nerdy like that.
But this really touched us.

Next, we went to The Botanical Gardens.

And then to South Beach.

We made our way back to our hotel.

Isn't the city beautiful at night?!

Dinner at The Hard Rock Cafe, with some very sweet friends.
(I love that place!)

Next is our cruise :D

Miami was really fun! It has a definite Latin feel. Everyone is so beautiful there.
If you plan on going dancing, stay near the Art Deco area.
If you are looking for more of a relaxing place;
Bayside was definitely a wonderful place to shop and eat (kid friendly also).
South Beach was really nice and the water looked clean.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Farmgirl Paints said...

First of all you are beautiful!

Thanks for linking me to this post. I don't have a clue what we will do. We are staying on South Beach and won't have a rental car, so unfortunately it will be taxi cabs I guess.

I just really want to relax and people watch anyway. We leave in the morning. So excited...anyway thanks for the visit and the info:)

Swidget 1.0